Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kansas City, Mo

I love Missouri! I needed another couple of days to fit all the sightseeing in -- so I'm hoping we make another trip to this beautiful part of the country! There's corn (looks to be about 7-8' high), soybean fields, and green hills - everywhere!

We flew into Kansas City and drove to Independence. The next day, we headed to the Capitol in Jefferson City, MO. The bonus was that the Rangers were playing the Royals that week -- so we squeezed a game in!

The weather? It was hot and muggy - just like good ole Wichita Falls, Texas.

Here are some pictures of me while I was in MO.

Enjoy! Slugo

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” -- Robert McCloskey


My first flight on Southwest Airlines. I didn't have to be crated - whew!


There are trees everywhere! Yes, I am a tree hugger!


Trying to hitch a ride on a train!


The prison is now closed but, you can take a tour at the Missouri State Penitentiary.


Here I am by the Missouri River.



Gee, I wanted to catch up with the Gov -- but they wouldn't let me in. Maybe I should give the Governor a heads up the next time I decide to visit the Gov at the Missouri Governor's Mansion .


Hello from the Missouri State Capitol Building!


I think she wants my number. Statue outside the Capitol.



Taking a game in at the ballpark (Rangers won). The Kansas City Royals have a beautiful ballpark. We even saw a friend from Wichita Falls, Texas at the game!


A great view of the Kansas City Skyline from the Liberty Memorial.


MMMM MMMMM best BBQ outside of Wichita Falls. I had the burnt ends, fries and the best baked beans ever! If you are in KC you should stop by and try the BBQ at Arthur Bryants


I'm holding up the Liberty Memorial . This site is a must see! You can go all the way up to the top of the monument. I didn't, I have a fear of heights!


They don't build train stations like this anymore. Here I am inside the Union Station .

1 comments:

Elizabeth B Hawley August 18, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

You saw so many beautiful things, Slugo. Thanks for sharing!

Translate Please

Labels

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP